BA (Social Sciences); LLB (Honours); Master of Laws (Legal Practice).
Areas of Practice:
- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution/Mediation
- Childrens Court
- Common Law / Per Inj
- Crime Summary
- Crimes/Family Violence/Inter Orders
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Law/Intervention/Compensation
- Drink Driving
- Elder Law
- Equal Opportunity
- Guardianship and Administration
- Intervention Orders
- Mediator : Accredited Mediator
- Mental Health/Guardianship
- Retail / Residential Tenancies
- Social Security/Welfare
- Traffic Offences
- V.O.C.A.T/ Crimes Compensation
- Wills & Estates
Admitted to Practice:
Signed Bar Roll
Before joining the Bar, Fotini worked with Community Correctional Services. Over a 10 year period, she worked in various portfolios and with a wide range of clients.
Fotini also worked with the Equal Opportunity Commission - investigating and conciliating complaints lodged pursuant to the Equal Opportunity Act and the federal anti-discrimination laws.
After being admitted as a Solicitor in 2004, Fotini worked with the Transport Accident Commission. In this capacity, she was principally involved in the resolution of disputes at VCAT.
Fotini holds degrees in Bachelor of Arts (Social Sciences), Bachelor of Laws with Honours and Master of Laws (Legal Practice).
Fotini is fluent in written and spoken Greek.
Fotini has a wealth of experience in criminal law and a particular interest in representing high and special needs clients.
Fotini tutors Criminal Procedure and Criminal Law at Deakin University and also instructs at the Leo Cussen Centre for Law.
Fotini is an accredited Mediator and is available for Mediations.
- Criminal Bar Association
- Women Barristers' Association
- Children's Court Bar Association
- Law Institute of Victoria (LIV)
- Hellenic Australian Lawyers (HAL)
- Victorian Association for Dispute Resolution (VADR)
- Victorian Custody Reference Group (VCRG)